Cold rain falls in the river, flows down to the sea, gets into the skyline, circles endlessly. Same old rain on the wind, same old pain in my soul.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Walking part two.-
it's harder to walk inside the tracks, yet required. Just the way it is to train tramps.
A train came by to spank the new snow and i stood to the side and raised a closed fist and smiled. Don't know why.
A little later, farther down the tracks, a small flock of canadian honkers flew in low from behind me. I could hear their glide and easy purpose.
Then all went silent again. The tracks stretched, the snow did what snow does, and i walked deep pockets down.
It may have been a place of worship. Certainly one of peace and i was grateful.
I'm in akron, now.
The snow has stopped and become not just mud-dirty mud. City mud. The only geese are in kroger's freezer.
People are al punched in and mean. My windshield is dirty grey.
And for the first time today, in eighty degree heat, i'm cold.