Cold rain falls in the river, flows down to the sea, gets into the skyline, circles endlessly. Same old rain on the wind, same old pain in my soul.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Swallowed in Green


Sometimes, emotions come in a flood. Sometimes rest, peace and love come in a torrent. Sometimes it's best to just give in and be washed over.
*****I ask you, dear reader, if you have a couple minutes, please go to my friend LP's blog here
and read the most brilliant writing about something pertinent that I have read this year. Please. You can always come back to my silly shit if you have time. Her piece is so much more worthy to be read and enjoyed. Thank you! (I hope I linked it right)


my
feet in sand
soft and giving
cool
and washed over

the sound
a whisper
that roars
in beckon
and warn
just
the way
I like it

it fills
my ears
and then my heart
and then my past
and then my future
and then my pulse
and then
I burst into surf

breaking over rocks
I rush
to join it
onslaught poured
it swallows
me full

drowning
in emerald silence

so quiet
so peaceful
so full
a hum
that kneads
and lifts my surrender

I roll
to engulf
and quake
in silent forever

my body
naked for shiver
in wet entwine
bends
to know green fingers
of insidious delight

a spectacle,
I,
for those
that light the way
of nature’s
blended fury

above me,
a storm
easts
to Jacob’s herd
and Rachel’s jealousy

but here,
all is calm
in silent drift
and
breathless mercy
as I green
to aqua blue
becoming turquoise
digest
as yesterday’s
wine.

~rick