Cold rain falls in the river, flows down to the sea, gets into the skyline, circles endlessly. Same old rain on the wind, same old pain in my soul.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Alone, walking.
Mentor, ohio.
I arrived at my drop early and realized a wait was in order.
I slept just under 3 hours last night so i was good.
To the side, a rr track stretching into the mist of the heavy flakes which have fallen all night.
The area was just scrub brush and swamp. No wind, no sound. Just fresh white everywhere. There was a trail along the tracks. Kids in summer beats, i suppose.
I went 3 or 4 miles out off the track, running most of it. I bled off into a wood which led to a large, secluded pond. Near the edge, i heard a noise and turned. A small alone doe was gingerly making her way through the new palette. I breathed softly to check the wind. It was good. I slank slowly to my knees amd waited.
She worked her way near, then stopped close by and twitched her ears. We smiled to the day, and she altered her journey ever so slightly. It was a perfect agreement sans greed or malice.
I took the tracks back. The snow felt good.
Cont. Below