Cold rain falls in the river, flows down to the sea, gets into the skyline, circles endlessly. Same old rain on the wind, same old pain in my soul.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Julie

This is a post I published long ago. Julie died last Thursday. Age 51 I hear she weighed 80pounds.
She just ran out of fight, I imagine.
Goodbye Julie










Do you remember someone special in your youth? One you thought hung the moon and you wondered why everyone else couldn't see it. I thought this of Julie. I wish you well wherever you are.





tomatoes are cheaper
tomatoes are cheaper






she chirped
skipping past my house
her laugh prodding others



in class
at ballgames
parties and such
she drew me
load and lock



but unnoticed
went I,
or mostly so,
giggles and elbows
only



there was history
dark
I could tell
and that
I think, the draw



she saw, I think,
my knowing
for I looked past
her beauty
past her shield
past yesterday



I wanted so
to protect
she wanted
destruction only.
victory was hers
in dash



wagons loaded
for the goldfields
she found only
needles and loops.
fool's gold for
cheerleaders
with white tender thighs




cruel lords
mastered her desire;
less than nothing,
for it made
her complete




last I heard
bridges for roofs
thieves
for company
whiskey
for yesterday
hollow eyes
for tomorrow
lust slaked
at last




friends that were
tho I doubt,
say no hope
we tried, what a mess
as they tip
their pink drinks
somehow purifying

I'd like to see her again,
to hear her chirp
and laugh
knowing I wont




I'd like to see her
just one more time
to say it's ok
we all fucked up.

pandering ass



tomatoes are cheaper
tomatoes are cheaper



perhaps, maybe
I just liked her
or maybe envied
and admired
her glorious
destruction
with no holding back





tomatoes are cheaper






~Rick